Wash newborn baby clothes
• Separate the clothing items by color so that any colors do not bleed on other clothing.
• Don’t use fabric softeners, too, because they could reduce or remove the fire retardant elements on your newborn’s knickers.
• Don’t use any fragrant cleaning substance on your child’s clothes since they could overwhelm his or her olfactory senses.
• Don’t use common laundry detergents since babies have more sensitive skin. There are products in the market that are made for their exact needs. If you are hesitant, you can always go organic with homemade soap.
• Always wash newly bought clothes before you let your child wear them as this will eliminate any lingering manufacturing residue.
• Keep your clothes separate from that of your child to prevent cross-contamination.