Heat Cramps in children
Muscle spasms are the only sign of heat cramps. Children are particularly susceptible to heat cramps when they haven’t been drinking enough fluids.
• painful cramps, especially in the legs
• mild fever, usually less than 102º F
• flushed moist skin
Treatment of Heat Cramps in children
• Move to a cool place and rest.
• oral rehydration and electrolyte replacement is usually sufficient to treat heat cramps.
• Remove excess clothing and place cool cloths on skin; Fan skin.
• Stretch cramped muscles slowly and gently.